Filtered ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Filtered Technologies Limited whose registered office is at Unit 3D3, Zetland House, 5 - 25 Scrutton Street London EC2A 4HJ.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you submit to the Site, including during the registration and payment processes, in relation to the Site, the Services and the Materials. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Site, Services or Materials.
- Information about your use of the Services and the Materials, such as the results of your Diagnostic Test.
- Information relating to your payment of the Charges.
- Information collected through use of the DRM Tools.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your access to the Site, Services or Materials including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To make assessments about your learning needs in relation to app design in order to create your bespoke syllabus and better tailor the Services and the Materials to your needs.
- For monitoring purposes to improve the relevance and quality of the Site, Services and Materials, e.g. to make assessments of how proficient particular user groups are at designing apps.
- To ensure that content in the Materials is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Otherwise as may be permitted by law.
We may also provide your data to selected third parties for analysis to better provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
Where we have obtained your prior consent to do so, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. If, having previously consented, you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us.
3. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- We may disclose your proficiency score and progress to your employer or any affiliate organisation through which you have purchased or obtained access to the Site.
We may use aggregated information about our users in press releases relating to Filtered or for similar purposes. Where we do this, we will do so in a way that neither you nor any other users are identifiable.
4. Where we store your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and operational security measures to protect the information that we hold about you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Materials, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to gather aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Materials.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We reserve the right to request documentary proof of your identity before providing you with any information. We also reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.