In order to deliver radical and beneficial change, business analysts must be able to identify, evaluate and improve business processes. The use of modelling techniques facilitates a methodical and effective approach to defining change requirements.
This allows organisations to achieve significant improvements in the efficiency of their operations and the effectiveness of their product and service delivery.
This course will help business analysts deal with these challenges. It will equip delegates with the fundamental skills to identify and model core business processes at an organisational level, essential for the successful improvement of the business.
WHO'S IT FOR?
There are no specific prerequisites required, although, knowledge of any form of workflow modelling may be useful.
- This course is suitable for those wishing to identify, model, evaluate and improve business processes, and/or attain the BCS Certificate in Modelling Business Processes.
- Business and process analysts, designers and implementers would especially benefit.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and model core business processes at an organisational level.
- Identify and model business processes at the process level identify the events that trigger the business processes identify the outcomes from the business processes.
- Model the actors, tasks and process flows that comprise a business process analyse the tasks within a business process.
- Identify the business rules applied within tasks analyse the performance issues of individual tasks.
- Identify the performance measures applied within a business process analyse and improve business processes.