This BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Change is designed for anyone involved in or affected by change initiatives required to deliver business benefit. These initiatives are likely to include the implementation of revised business processes and/or IT systems.
This course considers the underlying concepts in the areas of business and requirements analysis, change management and the consultancy skills necessary to ensure maximum value is achieved from the implementation.
The Certificate counts towards the Business Analysis Diploma as one of the available knowledge based options.
WHO'S IT FOR?
- There are no prerequisites to this course, although a knowledge of business change processes and business analysis may be useful.
- Delegates wishing to acquire the skill set required for analysing and addressing business problems and wishing to attain the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Change would benefit from attending this course.
- Ideal for project / product managers, systems developers and team leaders in organisations of all sizes.
- Also useful for business managers and staff wanting to gain an understanding of Business Change and contribute to their organisation's improvement.
- This course is designed for anyone wishing to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to acquire the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Candidates who pass this qualification will be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles and philosophies of Business Change, including those that relate to business and IS strategy, business improvement definition, designing and implementing business change, and business change management. They should also have an appreciation of the key techniques that can be employed to support the business change life-cycle. The syllabus reflects general and well-established best practice for business change work.
- Business and IT Alignment: to understand the importance of aligning the organisation with external and internal influences and the approaches to do this.
- Business Improvement Definition: to understand the business analysis approach and techniques used to identify business improvements.
- Business Change Design: to design the inter-related elements required to implement successful business change.
- Business Change Implementation: to understand the processes that should be employed to deploy business change effectively.
- Benefits Management and Realisation: to manage the classification, review and realisation of benefits.