The Learning Technologies Summer Forum (Tuesday 14 June, Olympia London) is less than a week away. To get you inspired I'm sharing five things to watch out for both before and during the conference. If you're going to LTSF, see you there!
1. Check out the latest edition of the Inside Learning Technologies magazine - Catch up on the latest L&D talking points and come prepared. Packed with case studies, future trends and challenges for the industry.
2. Check out Donald Clark's conference talk on algorithms - At Filtered we use adaptive algorithms to personalize training material for our users, reducing the time they spend learning and increasing their productivity. So we feel strongly about this topic. Donald Clark - a board member of the University for Industry, City & Guilds (Council), Cogbooks, LearningPool and Deputy Chair of Brighton Dome & Arts Festival - is one of the most qualified and engaging speakers out there, don’t miss him!
3. Listen to Sharon Claffey Kaliouby's session on moving beyond ‘click next’ mandatory training - Many industries are constrained by mandatory training, but does it work? How can we make it relevant and exciting? Sharon Claffey Kaliouby, Head of Product Education at State Street Global Advisors, will show you how to create an integrated, multi-tools learning experience.
4. Join in a research roundtable - These new additions to the programme are small roundtable discussion, facilitated by industry analysts Fosway Group. Numbers are restricted and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
5. Come and see Filtered at stand 24 - Demo our platform, take a look at the brand new Filter interface, or grab a copy of our latest white papers. And from 4pm join us for a glass of fizz or a beer.
Our Head of Science & Content, Chris Littlewood, will also be presenting our solution to the systemic under-training and inappropriate training methods that are commonplace in today's business environment and that lead to skills gaps and a decline in productivity. Join him for his talk ‘Solving the productivity puzzle’ - 10:30am at Theatre 3.
ABOUT THE LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES SUMMER FORUM (@LT16uk)
Designed to further develop the key learning themes from February's Learning Technologies exhibition and conference, this one-day free event is a great chance to explore the most popular topics from Learning Technologies 2016. There are two parts to the event: a free exhibition containing a packed programme of more than 30 free seminars in four open theatres and an exhibition area showcasing 36 of the leading industry suppliers; and the annual Learning and Skills Group Conference which provides a unique opportunity for past delegates and LSG members to network and continue the conversations started in February and online through the community.
To find out more about the event and to register, visit the Learning Technologies Summer Forum website.